Tuesday, July 21, 2009

No Pictures

I was going to take some more pictures of my visit at the Nalaga'at Center. But it's just one of those things that you just have to be there to truly appreciate what's being done in this place and how these people are so thrilled to have a community and a place to demonstrate that they can do things too.

As it was time for us to part, quite a few of the deafblind came up to me to thank me, and wish me good luck, and say good-bye. One of them, Genia, took my hands into hers and touch signed while speaking in Hebrew to say her own good bye. It was so sweet and yet, it felt a little funny to have her fingers moving around in my palms. It's something to get used to. It was absolutely a Kodak moment however to see us smiling and communicating. I only had wished that Mom and Dad were there.

No comments: