Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Cramming!!!!

The countdown REALLY begins!!!!!

On Sunday, I went to the shuk with Rebecca and Meredith to buy more food for the week and finished my thesis at night.... I was soooo glad to be done!! (Now I am waiting for the professor's comments). Actually, my class went to an archeaological dig which I already did in my winter ulpan so I just slept in a bit and worked on my thesis before they returned. I could've just skipped the whole day but I had the urgency to go to class because I love being around Hebrew and I wanted to see how I did on my test (which wasn't handed back unfortunately).

Then on Monday, I got the test back... I got an 87!! I was SOOOO happy!!! We had a lecture on biblical Hebrew alphabet which I slept through the second half... It was interesting while it lasted for me.

For dinner on Monday night, I got together with Nicole and Julianna. We went on a picnic in the park across from Kiryat Wolfson and Nahalaot, the White Rose Park. I made cucumber yogurt soup, bought some burekas, and took along some cantaloupe that I cut up the day before. The girls bought some hummus, grapes, chocolates, and all the paper stuff. It was so nice to see them again and it was the last time I'd see Julianna. It got dark pretty fast since we didn't really sit down to eat until around 7:30. We just basically caught up what we've been doing all summer- Nicole had been with Sar El- volunteering for the Army and is just nannying a bit. Julianna's been doing some research and shadowing at Hadassah hospital.

Yesterday, Meredith and I decided that we'd definitely go to Masada next week. As much I'd like it for this week but it was better for her and Rebecca to do next week. I also realized that Tuesday will be Tis b'Av, a holiday so no classes... so I'll get a chance to hit the beach then. We just pretty much stayed in for the afternoon. I laid out in the sun by the pool at the gym for a bit. Then for dinner, the whole apartment got together and made Italian- pasta with tomato sauce with real veggies in it along with some grated mozzarella. After dinner, Meredith, Rebecca, and I went down to Ben Yehuda for some dessert- I got cappachino frozen yogurt. It weirded me out since it does take like espresso but it's not brown, it's white... so my mind kept thinking it's vanilla while my taste buds said it's espresso!!!

Today, the three of us went straight to the shuk to restock for the weekend after classes because we needed to be back in the village by 4 PM to catch the bus. The bus took us to a Israel Baseball League game!!! It's up by Kibbutz Gezer... about 30-40 minute ride outside of Jerusalem. It's all basically Americans there- even the announcer spoke perfect English. The players are mostly Ameicans- a few AAA players and mostly DIII. It's not really a stadium but it was all more like watching a high school baseball game. It was between Modi'in and Tel Aviv and Modi'in, Rochester's sister city, won! What was so much fun about it was watching all the children!!!! They were soo into the game- literally climbing up the fence to get the balls. They were just so cute. Burger's Bar served as the concession stand so I finally had my burger after waiting a long time. We decided to go just because it's Israel.

Anyway, looks like my last days are going to be crammed with things that I want to do before I go- hanging out with Paige tomorrow night on Ben Yehuda, going to Tel Aviv on Friday to meet up with an Israeli from May's trip, having Shabbat with the Feines... Shabbat... there's next Tuesday for Tis b'Av, then next Thursday/Friday down in the Dead Sea and next Friday's Shabbat with the Bachs... I hope to get to the Museum of Seams and the Ammunition Hill sometimes next week. I'm definitely going back to Yad Vashem- the last Sunday before I go to see my professor, do my bookstore shopping spree, and visit the memorials, which I, sadly, haven't done since birthright.

And at some point, I have to keep studying through so I can pass the level exam this time!

No comments: