Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Worst Week!






The main thing was that my speech processor totally blew out last Friday so it's been quite hard! Fortunately, I was still basically surrounded by friends who could not care less- only wanted to make sure that I was still having a good time. They're so nice but now I'm doubting my lip-reading ability... I seem to be failing to keep up with it.

Last Saturday, a bunch of girls and I called for a shreut to take us to a beach in Tel Aviv. It was a beautiful day out- couldn't ask for a better weather! The water was a little cold to actually swim in but it was fun jumping the waves! I did get a tan- much more than I thought.

Sunday night and Monday was Yom Ha'Zikron, Israel's memorial day. It's very hard to describe how I felt about my whole experience over this. It's part of the reason why I wrote that poem in the previous post.








Monday night and Tuesday was Yom Ha'atzmaut- Independence Day. Melissa, Laura, and I partied on Ben-Yehuda and Jaffa Streets. The whole center was blocked off from traffic so it was a lot of fun being able to walk on the streets! I bought an overwhelming huge Israeli flag- big mistake when I opened it up! I ended up wearing it as a skirt. Again, the feelings that I felt during this night can't be described here. And Tuesday, I went on a picnic with Wendy, Amy, Becca, and a few others in the local neighborhood. Fun and relaxing. We were basically doing what the Israelis were doing- doing BBQs and picnicking.





Wsdnesday was uneventful. Except that I survived writing 10-15 sentences in Hebrew for my midterm.

Tonight, I just went out for a mixed-grill dinner with the same people from Tuesday to celebrate one of the girls' surprise birthday. I made a vow last time to order the Jerusalem Mixed Grill which is basically chicken hearts, meat, and liver. I was worried for a minute that the others might oppose me to ordering this dish but Amy followed my order. I'm not sure if she knew what it was when she made that order! It was delicious- the hearts taste like regular chicken breast- it is muscle after all.



No comments: