Monday, June 22, 2009

Connected!

After doing some careful research and purchasing an Israeil SIM card with pay-as-you-go plan, I called up Verizon to get the unlocking code.

Soon enough, I was connected to Cellcom's network. Unbelievable for a cellphone that was under very tight wraps of Verzion. So now I am happy to report that I can continue to use my Blackberry and charge it through my laptop (as I forgot to bring the actual charger).

I suppose that if my parents really want to, they can steal my phone for their Vienna-Prague trip.... or they can just get my mom's Blackberry unlocked. It's just that simple.

That had to be the highlight of my day. No more paying to rent a phone for 12-15 shekels a day. If I'm going to be in Israel for more than 3 weeks, it really makes better sense to buy a new SIM card each time for 250 shekels.

In other news, I got up way too late today- 2:15 PM. I had to double and triple check to assure myself that my watch wasn't playing a joke on me. Everyone in the house left about 8 this morning so... I told Linda tonight to please wake me up tomorrow so I can start getting used to Israel time and make it to Eilat!

Until Friday, I will be heading down to Eilat. Finally. I will stay at a hostel that will give me credit with the 160 shekels that they were going to charge me for canceling the reservations. I will explore the coral reefs for the first time in my life. I will see dolphins swimming in the Red Sea. Maybe I'll even get to see Saudi Arabia! This will also give me an opportunity to check out possible tours for Petra for future reference as my parents want to visit it.

I still can't get over my excitement right now....

No comments: